- General Guidelines
- To Submit IC Synopsis
- To Submit Free Papers / ePosters / Videos
- To Submit ARC
- To Presenters
- To Judges
- SEPARATE forms available for ABSTRACT SUBMISSION of Instruction course, Free Paper/E-Poster & Videos.
- Always mention your AIOS Membership number & Instruction Course/Free Paper/E-Poster/Video Code number in all your future correspondence.
- Clearly mention if Instructor is not an Ophthalmologist. Non Ophthalmologists are also welcome as programme participants.
- Change of Instructors/title/topics/duration is NOT possible once the course has been submitted. The Maximum number of Co-Instructors allowed for any course is six per awarded course.
- Type the author and co-authors names exactly as they appear in the AIOS records.
- Enter the AIOS Membership number wherever required. Click www.aios.org to see the AIOS membership number.For successful submission the abstract form must be filled in all respects. The names,AIOS membership nos, e-mail ID & mobile number of your coauthors /coinstructors must be filled in correctly.
- If your membership no. is 4 digits, please include 0 (Zero) before your no.(Example: A01234). If you enter your membership no. as A1234 or A-1234 it will not be accepted
- While submitting online, please check your complete mailing address, Email id., Mobile number etc., are filled. If your profile is not registered with this online portal (repeated intimations have already been sent) it will not be possible to participate as a faculty in AIOC 2014.
- All communications from the Scientific Committee will be ONLY BY EMAIL. No communication will be sent by post. Hence, ensure that you have entered email ids which you and your co-instructors are regularly accessing.
- After successful online submission you will get an acknowledgement with IC/FP/VT Code No. immediately. If you don’t receive any acknowledgement, it means the submission is NOT successful. In that case please recheck to ensure complete & accurate filling up of all sections and resubmit.
- As a policy, we do not allow any change in presenters/authors. In case of any unavoidable circumstances, for any change written permission should be obtained atleast 3 weeks before the conference from the Chairman, Scientific Committee, by the chief author.
TYPE OF PRESENTATION
Select the type of presentation you wish to make from the drop down box.
Please select the single category you feel most appropriately covers your topic
from the drop down box.
Understanding and Compliance with Society Policies
By your online submission it is understood that the Society holds copyright on all
abstracts printed in the preliminary and final programmes and the material presented
at the conference and that you permit the Society to copy & reproduce the material
in any form for distribution & sale if felt necessary.
PERMISSION TO RECORD
The Society will record presentations and discussions at the Annual Meeting. The unedited tapes may be made available for purchase and the proceeds used to support Society programmes. By your submission it is understood that you give the Society permission to record your presentation. Videos may be copied in toto and become the property of the AIOS and may be made available for purchase.
The concerned defaulter will be suspended for 3 years and again if piracy is reported for a second time he or she will be suspended for 10 years. Apart from this the name of the defaulter will also be published in the circular of the general secretary, AIOS website and abstract book
ABSENCE WITHOUT INTIMATION
After accepting to be a Chairman, Cochairman, Convenor, Moderator, Judge or speaker
in a particular session absenting yourself without valid reason and intimation to
the scientific committee will be viewed most seriously. This causes the greatest
disruption & dissatisfaction among the delegates. So please do not commit yourself
to any involvement unless you are certain to adhere to it.
Reproduced below is the ruling passed by Governing Council, Managing Committee and General Body at AIOC 2010 Kolkatta :
"Absence of Chairpersons/Discussants/Judges/Speakers during Scientific Sessions of annual AIOS Conference:
In case the Chairman, Co-Chairman, Convenor, Co-Convenor, Moderator, Discussant, Judges or Speakers is absent during their session without prior intimation, their names will be printed in the next AIOS Newsletter. Intimation regarding absence must be made at least one week before the Conference except in emergencies with reasons for being absent to the Chairman, Scientific Committee-AIOS. Chairman, Scientific Committee-AIOS shall not consider the absentee members for any presentation or faculty position in the next annual Conference of AIOS".
PRESENCE AT SESSIONS FOR THE COMPLETE DURATION
It is often noticed that the faculty tend to walk away in the middle of the session once their presentation is over. This may be because of commitments in some other session. We do our best to avoid involvement of the same person in more than one place at the same time, though this may not be entirely possible considering the number of sessions & delegates involved. However every speaker & faculty member is expected to be present throughout the duration of their session for any interaction with the audience. If there is any unavoidable commitment they are expected to leave only with the permission of the Chairperson of that session.
Please switch-off your mobile phone when you are entering any halls or attending a session. Kindly keep your mobile in silent mode once you enter the Conference venue.