Guidelines for Instruction Course
- LAST DATE FOR IC ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: 30TH APRIL 2014
- As Chief Instructor, each ratified AIOS member can submit ONE INSTRUCTION COURSE only.
- Each Co-Instructor can consent to participate only in a maximum of 5 Instruction courses apart from the one he or she may submit as a chief instructor
- Instruction courses dealing with clinical sciences should present current, but reasonably established information. Highly controversial or unproven concepts, may be more appropriately presented as papers or E-Posters.
- The duration of ALL the ICs will be 85 minutes with 5 minutes change over time between sessions. The chief instructors must ensure that the session finishes exactly ontime & does not spill over to the changeover time.
Chief instructor of ICs should submit the following details without fail:
- Chief Instructor’s Resume relevant to the IC being submitted
Course outline, topics for each speaker and the time allotted.
Chief Instructor (Must be a ratified AIOS member)
Course Title (100 characters only)
- Type the course title exactly as you wish it to be printed in the Scientific Programme.
Course Synopsis (1000 characters only)
- Instruction Course Synopsis should not exceed 1000 characters. Fill Co-Instructors names, topics and time allotted for each topic in the separate box given. These details need not be mentioned in the Synopsis of the course.
If selected the submitted format of the Instruction Course must be strictly adhered to without any change in topics/timings/speakers. The abstract will appear exactly the way it has been submitted and the Scientific Committee will not be responsible for any spelling and grammatical errors.
Chief Instructor's Resume (600 characters only)
- Ensure the Chief Instructor’s resume, not exceeding 600 characters, is relevant to the Instruction course submitted and prepared with care and is complete.
Ensure that the name of Institution of the Instructors, place of work or positions held in AIOS or state bodies is not revealed. The resume should be so written as to not to reveal the identity of the chief instructor. Apart from the content of the Instruction Course, the Chief Instructor’s resume relevant to the instruction course would form an important criteria for the selection.
About Co-Instructors, their consent
- Once an IC submission complete in all respects, is received by the Scientific Committee, an auto generated e-mail will be sent to the co-instructors requesting for their consent to participate in the Instruction Course .The co-instructors must respond to them immediately (latest by 10th May 2014) for the course to be further considered for selection.
Type of Course
- Courses with formats utilizing innovative teaching styles are particularly encouraged. Interactive dialogues and panel discussions are educational methods that stimulate additional interest and promote learning.
Level of Course
Indicate the appropriate level: Advanced, Intermediate, Basic.
PLEASE SEE GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR FURTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION.